Wednesday 13 May 2009

Cybertron 3000: The future of Rap?

One of the hottest new acts on the Greenlandia record label is the little known Cybertron 3000. Their music has been described as an acid/funk/nerd-rap fusion, and listening to it you certainly see why. This group of poindexters formed a few years ago in a science class and they have been making music in their lab ever since. Frontman (e=)mc square said "we just wanted to make some music that would mean something to all those people who get good grades, appreciate science, and know the pain of a daily chester baxter"
The new album is ironically titled "Sounds from the inside of a black hole" and includes masterpieces such as "Kid X" "No Woman, No surprise" and the single "Nerdlife"
The album is out next Tuesday on Greenlandia records and will be available for 16 Alpha Senturian dollars.


Cybertron 3000: Nerdlife

I be spittin' trooths like a mathamatical proof.
I understand the engineering behind a flat roof.
on Friday i untuck my shirt but i ain't uncouth
at the party i stay in the corner and try to act aloof
in my spare time i play call of duty 4
the closest i get to action is this simulated war
when i see lara croft i get a strange feeling down in the plums
it's embarrassing though cos i share a house with my mum
The other day I saw a legged dog
I was so excited I wrote it on my blog
i couldn't wait to get home, i needed something quicker
so i updated it immediately, logging straight on to twitter
Sometimes I think xbox is my only friend
on my pixellated homies I've come to depend
I know when shit goes down Tiger Woods has got my back
So when he holes out over par I always cut him some slack
IN my experience women seem to just complain and moan
I much prefer me in my bed with my iphone.
IN school my love of gadgets marked me as a bit of a 'tard
The truth is that computers just make me hard.

I may not be cool, but I’m good scholastically
you better believe I’m an N E R D
NerdLife

i look at nasa's photos of emerging sun spots
the thought of solar flares really gets me hot
they tell me it's boring just looking at stars
but i'll be the one laughing when i'm living on Mars
Sometimes I really feel like I don't fit in
Would much prefer to be a lord of the ring
sins of the flesh just make me flacid
what turns me on is deoxyribonucleic acid
I have all my comic books neatly stored in cases
I'm hoping one day the dentist will remove my braces
they tell me i should be in an institution
just because i get pleasure from the gaussian distribution
but i tell them they've got a hell of a nerve
insulting something so amazing as the bell curve
People are bemused by my social apathy
But all I'm really into is organised philately
If I had my way I spend all day playing with plasma
Unfortunately it really aggravates my asthma
Sometimes I think that the outside is scary
There's bigger boys and bees and I'm allergic to dairy

I may not be cool, but I’m good scholastically
you better believe I’m an N E R D
NerdLife

they say that science is really dreary
what the fuck's boring about super string theory?
my mother keeps telling me I should find myself a wife
i keep reminding her i have one on second life
She keeps telling me I should get into the "normal" scene
But she soon shuts up when she sees me dressed as Wolverine
people tell me i need a reality check
but i think it's cool being into star trek
anyone who rips on me is just a jerk
they don't realise they're messing with James T Kirk
i don't see the appeal of being a jock
when my partner in crime is Dr Spock
everyone listens to the kings of leon
well "kld fdkidn fdiolk aoierue" that's right bitch i speak clingon
i boldly go where no one has gone before
and i can do all that without leaving my living room floor

I may not be cool, but I’m good scholastically
you better believe I’m an N E R D
NerdLife

Yea Nerdtripping fool.

2 comments:

  1. Where can I get a copy of "Nerdlife"? I saw the guys play the Bermondsay Community Library last month, and I'm super psyched about the gig in the Wisteria Rest Home next week. I tell you, when they dropped "Burette Bounce" I head banged my head so hard that my glasses nearly fell off. Fortunately they didn't as I attach them on with selotape as I have a misshapen cornea in my left eye so losing my glasses would result in me not having being able to read New Scientist on the bus home.

    Nerdtrippin' Fool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is song was based on me wasn't it!? I demand royalties of 7 of your Alpha senturian dollars per album sold.

    ReplyDelete